Who We Are
The New Jersey Tourism Association (NJTIA) is a 501 c 6 non-profit trade organization. Its members include every aspect of the $38 billion State tourism industry and are a representative body of organizations that promote and serve the individual aspects of that industry.
Our members include the NJ Restaurant Association, the NJ Hotel and Lodging Association, the NJ Amusement Association, many regional and local Chambers of Commerce, State-funded and non-funded Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) and many Convention and Visitor Authorities.NJTIA advocates for enhanced government support for Tourism in the State by educating our elected and appointed officials on the industry, its economic benefit to the State and the role that those employed by and for the industry add to the quality of life for every citizen of NJ. We have had a long term public-private relationship with the Division of Travel and Tourism and the Department of State. The Division of Travel and Tourism is a primary sponsor of NJTIA’s Annual Conference on Tourism. We are pleased to hold this partnership up as an example of a public-private partnership that truly works both financially as well as providing a beneficial service to the citizens of the State. On a daily basis, the organization dedicates itself to the cause of building tourism within NJ. This effort increases the attraction of NJ as a travel destination and as a result increases the amount of revenue the State collects through many revenue sources not the least of which is the Hotel Occupancy Tax, sales tax, employment and income taxes.
NJTIA has many goals:
- Advocacy for enhanced marketing and promotion activities and funding in an effort to position the state as a desirable destination
- Increased marketing money for DMO efforts
- Transportation funding to improve our system of roadways and travel options
- Revitalization of urban areas through promoting historical preservation, arts activities and cultural support
- Creating livable communities to increase NJ’s desirablilty as a location for business and industry
- Promoting environmentally sensible measures that support the growing trend of eco tourism