2022 NJTIA New Jersey Tourism Excellence Awards
The New Jersey Tourism Industry Association is comprised of thousands of businesses and community leaders that make a difference in state. The New Jersey Tourism Industry Association would like to recognize the accomplishments of those who achieved true excellence in providing an exceptional experience that enhances tourism across New Jersey.
Projects, events, programs, partnerships, promotional initiatives, digital outreach, or attractions by any person, business or organization, be it public or private, profit or non-profit who works toward the common goal of improving the New Jersey tourism product, increasing over-night stays and attracting out-of-state visitors and increasing mid-week stays, increasing tourism expenditures, and positively promoting locations within New Jersey as a destination will be accepted. The nominated program must have been initiated, established, improved upon, and/or completed between September 20, 2021 – September 20, 2022. Deadline for nomination is October 3, 2022. Any person, business or organization may only make one entry per year.
Winners will be honored at the
2022 New Jersey Conference on Tourism Luncheon
December 1, 2022 at the Resorts Casino Hotel
Benefits-what does it mean to win:
Winners will be announced at the 2022 New Jersey Conference on Tourism at the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City on December 1, 2022. Winners will be notified prior to the conference.
Award winners will receive:
- Tourism award acknowledging recognition
- One complimentary ticket will be given to each winner for the Awards CeremonyAdditional tickets to the luncheon may be purchased by going to www.njtia.org
- NJ Tourism Conference logo stating “Winner of a New Jersey Tourism Excellence Award” for use on advertising collateral, brochures, and websites
- Inclusion in a press release created by NJTIA announcing award winners
- Featured link on www.njtia.org and highlights on NJTIA social media
Entries in the following categories will be considered:
Social Media and online marketing has changed the way travelers choose and purchase vacations. Has the nominee created a new website and/or digital marketing campaign to reach and engage with visitors to increase customers and/or develop new market? How does it engage the visitor? Does it represent the destination or attraction and ensure that web visits result in actual visitation?
Partnerships are of utmost importance to the continued strength of the New Jersey tourism industry. Did the nominee’s partnership include a package to attract and sell your destination? Did it leverage marketing funds or add stability to the participating parties? Did all partners contribute value to the package and receive exposure in the promotion? Were all partners educated on the package and help promote the package? Does the partnership add value to the visitor’s experience in New Jersey?
Tourism professionals are faced with the challenge of maintaining their visibility in an extremely competitive travel climate. Has the nominee met this challenge through a unique marketing plan or initiative? Has visitation and participation increased as a result of informed marketing decisions and carefully selected media purchases? Has the marketing budget been stretched through cooperative marketing programs? Does the advertising campaign incorporate a variety of multi-media advertising platforms?
Media exposure outside of purchased advertisements are an essential part of effective marketing plans. How has the nominee utilized a public relations campaign to maximize its public exposure? What was the reach of this PR campaign and the comparable advertising value?
To apply for NJTIA New Jersey Tourism Excellence Awards:
Fill out the nomination form online at https://www.njtia.org/events/n... and include the following information and documentation:
- Profile of the Nominee: Include a brief history of the organization, date of incorporation, mission statement, and target audience. (up to 300 words)
- Reason for Nomination: Please consider the following questions. Where possible, provide measurable statistics and appropriate documentation. (up to 600 words)
- How did the nominated project or business bring direct and tangible benefits to your destination?
- How did the nominee encourage and monitor economic impact?
- Did the nominee build the capacity for overnight stays in New Jersey? If so, how?
- How did the nominee engage and educate visitors and other stakeholders on benefits of tourism in New Jersey?
- How did the nominee communicate actions to key stakeholders, including the media, in order to promote best practices in the New Jersey tourism industry?
- Return on Investment: (up to 400 words)
- Describe the relationship between the organization’s financial investment in this program (or that of its partners and sponsors) and its economic impact
- Differentiate between indirect impact (e.g. increased website visits, increased telephone inquiries) and direct impact (e.g. increased ticket sales, coupon redemption, hotel room nights)
- Explain the method by which ROI has been established
- Support Material: Please attach no more than three (3) pieces of collateral that best represent the organization’s advertising efforts. Some examples include:
- Copies of press releases and pitch letters
- Press coverage
- Samples of brochures
- Print advertisements
- Audio or video of radio, television, or internet media
Judging will be conducted by an independent out-of-state panel with expertise in tourism and marketing.